Being a leader can be challenging. Especially if you came to a leadership position through the "backdoor", without any leadership or management training.
It happens often: You are good at what you do. You are a great nurse, a fantastic designer, an efficient software developer. So you get promoted to a leadership position. Only you have no idea how to do this. You wrestle with impostor syndrome. You quickly become overwhelmed with all there is to do. Conflict arises.
Some weeks ago I was invited to the Neon Noise Podcast to talk about leadership challenges and how can new leaders tackle them. It was a fun interview and we got to discuss issues such as:
- What are some of the biggest challenges leaders face?
- How do you deal with feeling overwhelmed by all your new tasks as a leader?
- How do you "Build Your Dream Team"?
- How do you resolve conflict between team members?
- How can you keep your team motivated?
You can listen to the podcast here.
You can also access it on iTunes or Google Play
What is YOUR greatest leadership challenge?
What else do you think I should I talk about next time?
Let me know in the comments!
Sign up to our newsletter to receive a post like this every week, and don't miss out on our leadership and teambuilding tips!